Sunday, June 13, 2010

Introduction/Bio


I am an 18 year old teen mom. I was 16 and pregnant; became a mother at the age of 17. I have always been a determined person, no matter how many obstacles have been thrown at me.

I am the oldest of 5. I have always been forced to grow up, for the same fact that I am the oldest. I was raised by my courageous mother. My father was a cowered who couldn't courage up and face his responsibility. Even with ought a father, my family made it through life thanks to my mother's hard work and our determination. Nobody ever offered us help. Not even our own siblings. When we needed help the most, weather it was financially or emotionally, my aunts, uncles, and even grandparents all turned their backs on us. I come from a Mexican background and as we all know, people from Mexican backgrounds are most likely poor. We had no money. We barely had enough to eat, but luckily for us, our education was free. Therefore, we had to work hard, be determined, and suck up any information that was given to us. Because of my background and determination I, Mayra Jaramillo, am the person I am today.

I am a graduate of North Dallas High School. Class of 2010. I graduated with honors. I was ranked in the top 10% of my class. Number 11 out of almost 300 seniors. I now attend The University of Texas at Dallas on a full ride summer scholarship. I not only am determined to finish college, but I am also determined to raise my 11 month old son to be the best he can be. I wish to pass my ethics, logic, and determination to him so that he can learn to appreciate school like I have done for the past 12 years of my life.

In college I plan to study business administration, this will help me pursue my dream of opening my own Mexican restaurant. I love to bake, and my husband loves to cook. We work as a great team, and together we will be very successful and create a better life for my beloved son.

1 comment:

  1. Well i have not yet gotten the opportunity to feel how mommy's feel. But by the way you express yourself it shows how great of a person you are. Anybody in your circumstances would have already gave up. Dealing with school and homework and then going home to be a good mom. Sounds like a challenge. I don't even think i could handle that. You are a good person and i know you are going to become an even better person for you and your family. :D

    ReplyDelete