Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My day


Today was a gray day. When I woke up this morning the first thing I saw was a gray sky. I felt upset. Today was the day that not only my sister and husband were going to visit me, but also my son. But if it started to rain, they wouldn't be able to come over, and cheer me up.

As I walked to class the sky still looked gray, but you could still see a small ray of light shinning, trying to break free. As class slowly ticked by all that was in my head was my son. Nothing in the world could make me happier than to see and hear him call out, "Mommy!!!" But yet every time I looked outside, the sky did not seem to agree with my happiness. It just seemed gray, and determined to ruin my day.

As I gave up, I looked out the window and saw the bright, warm, and yellow sun rays break free. they shined as if it was it's last chance to bring light into the surface of the earth. At that moment, I knew that my hopes and dreams we're not in vein. I knew that I would once again hear the voice of my son. I knew I would see the face of my sister and my loved husband.

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was out, the birds were singing, and my son was swimming for the first time in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment