Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My baby's birthday!


On Sunday July 11th my son will be turning one. As a mother I feel extremely excited, but I also feel depressed. My son is growing up and I haven't even noticed. Time is flying by fast without me even noticing it. It feels as if it was just yesterday when I gave birth at Parkland Hospital. My son was such a tiny baby. I could hold him with one hand, but now I need a lot more than just my hands to hold my son, I need love, care, and a lot of muscle. My baby is now learning to walk, talk, and interact with people. I feel as if my son and I are just drifting apart because of my school. I hardly ever see him because im in school, and when I’m not in school I’m working. My whole world is falling down emotionally infront of my eyes and I know my son notices it. Today as i picked up my son he hugged me, looked into my eyes, and gave me a kiss. That’s when I realized that in some strange way he knows what I am going through, and his kiss was a way of telling me that he understood and that everything is going to be okay.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, that is so sweet. You think about it most things can be solved with the kiss of a baby or just anyone who is loving. You know how they say that a baby can feel everything you feel so don't do "corajes?" I believe that the fact that he seems to notice proves this point. Yes it is hard for a mother to not spend enough time with her son/daughter but at various times it is because she is out there trying to provide him/hey with a brighter future. Don't give up for God is with you and him and all shall work out in the end.
    God Bless (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very strong and determinated person. Not many have the potential to do what you have done and are doing. I know that all of this is hard for you but it will pay off. Your baby understands what you are going through and that you are doing all of this for him. You have come too far now to turn back. DON'T GIVE UP!
    And give your baby a BIG hug and a kiss to let him know you are there for him. Tell him happy early birthday from your classmate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re a strong mother. It’s sad that you are missing out on many important times in your son’s life but by getting an education you are going to have a better future and then be able to provide and help your son even more. Lucky his birthday was on a Sunday I bet you enjoyed celebrating you babies first birthday with your family. Think of the good times you are going to have together with you family and son not about the sad moments when you are apart. The same way you said it was all better when you kisses your baby boy next time you feel down just think of that moment and keep going.

    ReplyDelete